Ten Tips To Treat Halitosis
Did you know that halitosis affects around 30 percent of people around the world? No matter how common bad breath may be, it’s still embarrassing if you have it and don’t know how to treat it. Luckily, family dentistry experts have offered the following ten ways to eliminate bad breath for good.
- Brush at least twice a day to remove any food and plaque that can breed sour-smelling bacteria.
- Floss your teeth at least once daily to remove hidden plaque and particles in teeth that lead to bad breath.
- Rinse daily with an anti-bacterial mouth rinse.
- Get dental check-ups and cleanings twice a year from an affordable dentist.
- Stimulate your saliva flow to help rinse away food and bacteria in your mouth.
- Eat fibrous fruits and vegetables, because they scrub away foul-smelling bacteria on your teeth.
- Discuss your medical conditions with a family dentistry specialist to see if they’re contributing to halitosis. These conditions include cancer, diabetes, lung disease, liver disease, kidney disease, metabolic disorders, and respiratory tract infections.
- Ask if your current medications may be hurting your breath.
- Stop smoking, which causes dental and medical conditions that can harm your health and breath.
- Have any dental problems treated by an affordable dentist to prevent them from causing other dental problems that can affect your teeth and breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Atlanta, call Dental One Associates of Dunwoody today at (404) 381-1490 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Atlanta. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Dunwoody, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Dunwoody.