Top 10 Facts about Dental Implants
Who doesn’t want a beautiful smile for a lifetime? If you have missing or broken teeth due to accident, disease, or aging, you don’t have to live with missing teeth or the discomfort of dentures or partials. Dental implants can give you back a full, gorgeous smile and maintain the natural look and feel of your real teeth. If you haven’t heard about dental implants or you simply don’t know much about them, check out these ten facts about dental implants. Then, talk to your dentist in Atlanta about the dental implants cost and the best dental care options to restore your smile.
- The first dental implants date back to 600 A.D., when tooth-shaped shell pieces were hammered into the jaw of a Mayan woman. Other civilizations used human or animal teeth held in place by gold rings.
- Modern dental implants have been used for more than 20 years and rank among the most successful surgical procedures, with a majority of outcomes lasting throughout the patient’s life.
- Nearly 70 percent of Americans ages 35 to 44 are missing at least one tooth due to accident, disease, or aging.
- One in four Americans over the age of 74 have lost all of their natural teeth.
- Dental implants more closely resemble the form, function, and appearance of natural teeth compared to other treatment options, such as dentures or bridges.
- Most dental implants use biocompatible titanium to replace the root of the missing tooth, which provides durable support for replacement teeth or crowns.
- Candidates for dental implants must have good oral health and be in good overall health. Certain diseases and conditions can impact the healing or success of the implant, so careful review of a patient’s candidacy is important.
- Dental implants preserve and stimulate natural bone growth and prevent bone loss, unlike alternative options.
- Dental implants are not susceptible to cavities. Although tooth decay is not a possibility, twice-daily brushing, once-daily flossing, and routine visits to your dentist in Atlanta are essential to protecting and preserving surrounding natural teeth and gums.
- Dentists who do dental implants are credentialed by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).
Choose a dentist in Atlanta who is experienced in dental implants when deciding which treatment options will meet your long-term needs.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Atlanta, call Dental One Associates of Dunwoody today at (404) 381-1490 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Atlanta. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Dunwoody, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Dunwoody.